LOOK WHAT'S FOR DESSERT!
1. MANGO BURFI
Preparation Time : 10 Min
Cooking Time : 15 Min
- 250 gms Ripe mango pulp
- 250 gms Powdered sugar
- 250 gms Khoya
- ½ tsp Cardamom powder
- 2 tbsp Chironji.
- 1 tsp Pistachio, chopped.
- 1 tsp Tutti-frutti, chopped.
- Orange Color(optional)
- Mix mango pulp and 1 cup sugar.
- Cook in a pan over medium heat till reduced by half. Keep it aside.
- Now fry khoya over medium flame till it turns little brown.
- Add the remaining 50 gram sugar and mango pulp-sugar mixture to it.
- Cook till the mixture turns semisolid.
- Mix orange color, pour it immediately in a greased plate.
- Allow cooling, cut into diamond pieces.
- Garnish with cardamom powder, chironji nut and pista.
2. MANGO SORBET
Serves : 12
- 4 ripe Mangoes (about 3½ pounds in total)
- 1 cup Simple Syrup (½ cup sugar & ½ cup water)
- 3 tbsp Fresh Lime Juice (or to taste)
- Line a baking sheet with plastic wrap.
- Wash the mangoes well and dry them.
- Cut the 2 flat sides of the mangoes, along the length close to the pit, with a sharp knife.
- Scoop out the flesh from the mango shells and place them in a blender. Set the shells aside.
- Cut the remaining flesh from the pit and add to the blender.
- Pour syrup and lime juice in the blender and puree the contents until smooth
- Place the mango shells on the baking sheet and freeze.
- Pour mango puree into an ice-cream maker and freeze, as per the instructions.
- Remove and scoop sorbet into frozen mango shells.
- Freeze the filled mango shells for at least 6 hours or until frozen hard.
- Serve chilled.
3. BANANA PIE
- 4 Ripe Bananas
- ¼ Cup Flour
- 2 Egg Yolk
- 1 Cup Boiling water
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 Cup Dark brown sugar
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ Cup Cold water
- ½ tsp Vanilla
- 1 Baked Pastry shell
- ¼ Cup Evaporated milk
- Mix flour, dark brown sugar and salt in a saucepan.
- Stir in egg yolks and cold water.
- Beat to make a smooth paste.
- Stir in the boiling water slowly.
- Cook for about 3 minutes until thick.
- Stir in evaporated milk, butter and vanilla.
- Arrange banana slices in the cooled pastry shell.
- Cool and pour the mixture of evaporated milk, butter and vanilla into pastry shell.
- Top the pie with whipped cream.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hrs until the pie is set.
4. AGRA KA PETHA
Preparation Time : 10 Min
Cooking Time : 25 Min
- 1 kg Ash Gourd (Petha) (peeled and cut)
- 1 tsp Alum Powder (Phitkari)
- 750 g Sugar
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Take the ash gourd pieces and prick it with a fork.
- Place the pieces in a large pan filled with water and add alum powder to it. Boil it for fifteen minutes and take off from heat. Drain and wash it thoroughly under cold water.
- Add sugar to one cup of water and cook till the sugar is dissolved.
- Add lemon juice to the sugar syrup and lower the flame and add the cooked ash gourd to it.
- Cook till the ash gourd is completely cooked and the sugar syrup is thread like consistency.
- Take off from heat and arrange the pethas in a tray, so that they do not stick to each other.
- Allow it to cool completely.
5. APPLE CRUMBLE
- One and one-third cup flour
- A pinch of salt
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter (cubed at room temperature)
- 3 medium apples (peeled, cored, cut into 1" x ½" slices)
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp flour (for greasing)
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Combine together flour, ¾ cup brown sugar and salt in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Blend the butter with the mixture. Mix to form a coarse meal.
- Sprinkle one-fourth cup brown sugar on the apples and mix gently.
- Grease a shallow 8-inch ovenproof dish with flour.
- Place the apple mixture on the bottom of the dish.
- Sprinkle the crumble mixture on top.
- Top with cinnamon.
- Bake the mixture at 350 °F for 45 minutes till the top has turned brown and the fruit mixture starts bubbling.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.
- 4 cups milk
- 8 tsp. sugar or to taste
- ½ tsp. ground green cardamom seeds (chotti elaichi)
- 1tbsp. skinned pista (pistachios), thinly sliced
- 1tbsp. skinned badam (almonds), finely ground (optional)
- Put the milk into a wide, heavy pan and bring to boil over high heat, stirring constantly.
- Now lower the heat and cook the milk, stirring constantly, until it has thickened and reduced substantially in volume. (This will take about 40-45 minutes). Stir the sides of the pan constantly to avoid scalding.
- Now add the sugar, nuts and cardamom seeds. Stir well; allow to cool.
- Pour the mixture into Kulfi molds or small ramekins, distributing the liquid evenly. Cover with plastic wrap or foil and freeze until set, about 6 hours.
- To serve, remove the ice cream from the molds by running a sharp knife around the edges of the pista kulfi. Slip each kulfi on to a dessert plate, cut across into 3-4 slices, and serve.